Our doctor may use this technology to produce three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan.
Benefits of 3D Imaging:
- The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information that conventional dental x-ray, allowing for more precise treatment planning.
- CT scanning is painless, noninvasive and accurate.
- A major advantage of CT is its ability to image bone and soft tissue at the same time.
- No radiation remains in a patient's body after a CT examination.
- X-rays used in CT scans should have no immediate side effects.